So....I have met Mr. Piernay! I am afraid he was just what I was hoping for, and now I hope that I can take it. He is in many ways, very German. Very to the point and exact. I think I will grow a lot this year, but I think I will also truly be tested. I just have to believe that if he is willing to work with me he thinks I have real potential. Now he is a bass...haha...speaking of which, I very well may be a bass-baritone...time will tell.
Turns out he had heard my CD. Nice thing was I managed to sing a darn effortless F in the first few minute in Vi Ravviso though I was quite nervous. Next lesson is October 1st. Long ways away, but at least he is willing to see me when he gets back...haha.
In other lighter news...I met the folks I will be living with! What a blessing! I think this will be a really good year. Communal food and chores...and a bike! yes! that saves me so much hastle and money. My room is totally furnished and then some. This housing arrangement literally fell in my lap and it looks to be one of the best parts of this grant. I actually started thinking in German today...and after 3 hours auf Deutsch...it feels easier...haha. yes! They all speak English, but are totally patient with my German, which has improved soooooo much in three weeks.
All in all my excursion to Mannheim today was a bit terrifying, definitely mixed things up (like my insides and my pride), but all in all quite successful.
Oh yeah, the Mannheim Music School is right next door to the theatre some of us tried to see X-men at...so wierd that I could walk by something that would become rather important in my life 2 years later and never know.
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
WOAH!!!! hahaha, freaky.
i remember us trying to see X-Men, and then all they had was Flight 93 and neither of us felt like being depressed.
hahaha,
and then we seductively ate ice-cream.
ah keith, i'm so happy you're having a good time!
keep updating!
love
jordan
end.
Post a Comment