It has been a loooong time since I posted. This is mostly a reflection of how busy I have been...meaning I have more than ever to talk about. Unfortunately I will not be able to talk about it all, or even come close, so I will attempt to record the things I think others would find interesting, and which I am afraid of forgetting.
Last night I was in an Irish pub after the first dress rehearsal of die Lustige Weiber with a few of my professors and several of the cast, including the Eastern European group, mostly Serbian (they all study with Frau Stemancovich and are quite good). They have become my closest group of friends here outside of my roommates and a few Americans. Anyway, I was having a great time reveling in the fact that I only have rehearsal with the Pepperdine group tomorrow (a rare occasion the last 3 weeks) when Brown Eyed Girl came on the radio. Since that time last night I have some of the worst homesickness I have had since coming here. Normally while I have been here I have missed specific individuals: my girlfriend, brother, parents, or friends. Hearing that song, I started to miss the USA. haha...I just have some many memories of that song. Dancing with friends at parties in Highschool and girls who always wanted blue eyes saying that that song helped them to love their own. Concerts in the park. Fourth of July. I think that song just kinda symbolized growing up in Claremont and some of the best times I had there.
I have more friends here and am more social than I have been since Marburg but I really miss Summer in Claremont. It has been a few years since I have really spent one there and I am oddly very nastolgic to be there again.
13 days of intense rehearsal an performing. 20 days to travel and hang out with my friends here a few last times.
35 days and I will hug my parents and hold my girlfriend again. 36 days and I will laugh with my brother and talk about him becoming a father. 37 days and I will drive through my mountains, listen to Bob Dylan, maybe play some guitar and hopefully cry some tears of joy.
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment