Well...11:00 on a sunday night is a little late to be bellowing out Mahler, so I went for a walk instead tonight.
It is often quite amusing the....movie moments one witnesses when meandering with an ipod on shuffle. I stumbled across a carneval, I believe it was the Maimarkt to be exact, and what surreal experience that was. As it was then 11:30 on a Sunday, it was nearly empty aside from the piles of garbage and people closing down the shops. I must say this gave the LA County fair a run for its money. While it had no place setting or pie baking competitions, this baby had just as many carneval rides including ferris wheels, a giant slide and as it is in Germany, lots of alcohol and Wurst. and best of all, admittance was free. Germans know how to party...
I had three highlights of music and situational simbiosis (is that a word?)
First, strolling through an empty fair ground in a melancholy mood when Mad World from Donnie Darko comes on
Two, audio poetry juxtaposed with a near empty fair ground
and finally, an old turkish man in a suit running who knows where to "Titans Spirit (Score)" from Remember the Titans. I have never seen a little old turkish man so heroic.
Anyway, Started work on some songs in Russian today. Would have been appropriate for the winter. In English they are called Sunless by Modest...haha...love that for a first name. Some of the music is really beautiful though a bit melancholy. The first piece in particular (perhaps because it is easy enough for me to play on the piano in tempo) is really pretty. He uses some really flavorful harmony.
I miss my brother.
Anyway, I should try to go to bed.
Merry Chirstmas to all? and to all a good night.
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment