Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ich bin da!

I have now been in Germany for three days and finally have my internet up and running. In spite of getting only 10 minutes of sleep, waiting over an hour for my baggage and thinking that the timer on my watch was actually the correct time of day (miraculously only 12 minutes behind the hour) I caught both my connecting trains to Marburg and got here without a hitch.
We began our language program today and to my surprise I am in the 3rd highest of 4 but do not feel out of place. I should learn a lot in the 6 weeks and even more in the following months. It is a remarkable group here with 40 Chemists, biologists, historians, writers, composers, pianists, photographers and singers. The scientists definitely compose the great share as there are only one or two of each of the artistic fields. Nonetheless it is an invigorating gathering. It is so nice to take a language class with people who want and are able to learn.
Anyway, I should write my mother and go to sleep. Bis Spaeter.

No comments: