two nights ago I cooked a delicious meal of spaghetti with a fresh tomato sauce, balsamic reduction (thanks to a fellow Fulbrighter) and cheese bread. However, I was devastated by my discover that a clove of garlic is too much for some people, namely my room mate, who was reduced to picking schunks out of my incredible invention.
I have long that that it is utterly important to know when to keep ones mouth shut. Today, I learned that opening my mouth is sometimes more important. Standing in the kitchen of my apartmen doing dishes this afternoon, I finally found and executed the direct correlation between singing through the passagio, and opening your darn mouth. The result, some surprisingly good and easy high notes.
As of yet, I have been unable to incorporate Piernay's lessons into my high voice. I don't know if this is what he has been trying to get me to do, but it feels and I think sounds pretty good. I will have to wait to Friday to see what he says, if I can reproduce it in the lesson.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment