Sunday, November 2, 2008


I started playing viola again!

Regina hat auch ein Braccio und ich habe es heute noch mal gespielt! We are going to play a quartet together. Freya and Regina on violing, me on viola, and our friend Carolin on Cello. I am not terrible. It took a bit of getting re-acquainted with and I still need more practice, but it was echt cool.


Piernay hat gesagt "It is going quicker than I thought it might". He is always so direct and serious that that was a big triumph to me. I am definitely discovering a lot.


Today I met Kyle Ketelsen. Nice guy. Very to the point personality. I have noticed a sort of steely calm confidence in all of the young basses I have met. It is a curious phenomenon.


I have hiked the Philosophenweg schon 3 Male. Altogether, that makes about 10. haha. I will never get tired of it.


I discussed with one of my colleagues the difference between the woods in Marburg and Heidelberg. Heidelberg is so alive and sobright and cheery. Marburg woods were truly erie. It is fun that Goethe wandered through Heidelberg philosophizing and the Grimm brothers wrote dark stories in Marburg. It is not surprising the difference. I never reallized woods could ahve such different spirits about them.

No comments: